Freo.Social is the latest venue for Western Australian brewing and hospitality Group, Triple-1- Three.
• Freo.Social is a multi-faceted venue that will include a microbrewery, 550-person capacity entertainment hall, co-working spaces and artist workshops, food trucks and dining spaces, creative co-working spaces, a playground and beer gardens.
• Based in Fremantle’s heritage precinct, Freo.Social is being developed in cooperation with the National Trust to preserve and reflect the history and heritage of the building and Artillery Drill Hall.
• Freo.Social will open 20 March 2019, with the first performances confirmed for its Entertainment Hall commencing 3 April 2019.
• The first show in the Entertainment Hall, An Intimate Evening with John Butler, will take place on 3 April.
• Entertainment Hall will open with “FREO.WEEK”, a week of shows showcasing artists from Fremantle and surrounding areas.
• Over $250,000 has been spent on major acoustic upgrades to the existing heritage building, including acoustic walls, doors and seals, new acoustic glazing and lining of the internal walls to greatly improve sound quality.
• It also features new green rooms, cutting-edge sound systems have been added to contribute to a top-level experience for guests and artists alike while multi-level viewing will enable theatre style shows, dinner functions and standing gigs.
• Entertainment Hall will accommodate a huge variety of entertainment, from live music, to cabaret, theatre, dinner shows, quiz nights, community events and more.
Beer and the Brewshed
• There are four new bars across the venue to ensure speed of service, and a total of 56 beer taps.
• Freo.Social will include a 500L microbrewery, Otherside Brewshed, operated by Otherside Brewing Co.
• Otherside Brewshed will produce experimental, small batch beers, with the aim of releasing a new beer each week. The Brewshed will brew 500L of new beers per week, or 26,000L per year.
• The bar will also stock Otherside Brewing Co.’s full Core and Pilot Ranges.
• A range of other craft beers from across Australia and the world will also be available alongside a comprehensive wine and cocktail list.
• Otherside Brewing Co, Head Brewer Rhys Lopez will lead the brewing at Freo.Social. He is part of a new generation of brewers known for pushing boundaries, experimentation and innovation.
• Otherside Brewing Co. has an unwavering commitment to brewing quality, exciting beers that people want to drink whether they are a bone-fide ‘crafty’, craft beer novice or someone who just loves a good beer.
• Via ‘Otherside Beer Tycoons’ beer lovers can ‘own’ a bit of the Freo.Social Otherside Brewshed and shape future Otherside Brewing Co. beers by ‘peer-reviewing’ beer releases and providing input into the creation and naming of new brews.
Dining and Nomads food trucks
• Triple-1-Threee launched its own food truck fleet called Nomads in December 2018.
• Two permanent Nomads food trucks and up to three food carts with rotating menus will operate out of Freo.Social.
• Over nine different menus will be on rotation featuring a range of cuisines including New Orleans, Jamaican, Indonesian and Italian.
• The philosophy behind Nomads is that they are travellers, and each new menu, inspired by cuisine from around the globe can take consumers to a different part of the world.
• The menus are designed and implemented by Collective Catering Executive Chef Stuart Laws.
• Collective Catering is includes the Nomads brand.
• Freo.Social includes several new alfresco beer gardens as well as a music-inspired children’s play area.
• Bars and food trucks are located in the front and back yards.
• The back yard has a music-inspired children’s play area.
Art and the community
• Freo.Social is full of artwork inspired by the history, culture and geography of Fremantle and done by local artists. The art and artists were curated by David Spencer.
The Team behind Freo.Social and Triple-1-Three
• David Chitty and James Legge are founding partners and Directors of Triple-1-Three.
• Al Taylor came on board at Triple-1-Three as CEO and a Director in January 2019. • Matt Marinich, Advance Cicerone®, is Triple-1-Three Group Venues Manager.
• Trevor Pedersen is Freo.Social Venue Manager.
• Rhys Lopez is the Head Brewer at Otherside Brewing Co. and will run the Otherside Brewshed at Freo.Social.
• Stuart Laws is Collective Catering Executive Chef (which includes the Nomads brand).
• Nathan Farrell of Nathan Farrell Entertainment is the booking agent for the Entertainment Hall.
Freo.Social will employ approximately 70 team members.
1 Holdsworth Street, Fremantle.
Freo.Social is open Wednesday to Sundays from 11am to late.